For the 2019 Season, Mackay region growers can choose who markets the sugar in which they have an economic interest (GEI sugar).
QCS is the Mackay-Sugar owned marketer, and until the introduction of grower choice, has priced Mackay mill and growers’ sugar in the Short Term Pool and via forwarding pricing, and as part of Mackay Sugar’s domestic contract with Sugar Australia.
You now have the option to choose a marketer. Mackay Sugar has marketing agreements in place with QCS and also with QSL. You can choose 100% of your GEI sugar to be marketed by one marketer or you can split your economic interest between marketers on a percentage basis. It is up to you.
You do not have to nominate a marketer. You can do nothing and leave the marketing with your own Mackay-Sugar owned marketer, QCS.
You can find out more about your 2019 Season options by browsing through the following:
- Why choose QCS for your GEI Sugar marketing?
- How to choose a GEI sugar marketer
- QCS pooling and pricing offer for the 2019 Season
- QCS pooling and pricing options
- Why should you consider forward pricing?
- QCS 2019 Season Marketing Guide
- GEI Marketer Nomination form
The closing date for nominations of a marketer is 5 March 2019. If you do nothing, then your GEI sugar will be marketed with Mackay Sugar’s marketing team, QCS.
3 February 2019